May 23, 2011

More Bloodwork!

Last Wednesday we did more bloodwork in my clinical skills class.  We re-practiced the packed cell volume and total proteins that we did last Monday.  We also practiced a second way of doing them.

We also did blood smears, which are easier said than done.  I went through 15 slides trying to make my slide look alright!  Practice makes perfect, I guess.  No one can get everything perfect on the first try, right?




The final produce should look something like this:



We also got to practice running a blood sample through our VetScan HM5, which collects tons of data on the blood, including counts of cells and things like that.



Let me know if you like the added use of pictures or not, and if there's anything I can do to help you understand more what I'm doing in class :)

Will write more later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment