May 9, 2011

Intakes :)

Today I did a presentation on Toxoplasmosis for the class.  I don't know my score yet, but I think it went well.

Mondays we get all of the new animals from the Humane Society at school.  They have to check everyone out and do a physical exam as well as TPR's (temp, pulse, resp).  Today, our class got to help out :)

We worked in two groups to check them all in.  We did restraints and TPR, as well as checked for microchips, used a Wood's Light to look for skin conditions, and used a flea comb to check for fleas.  We recorded all of this on their charts, and then also wrote down what the Dr. found in their physical exams.  Our group did 2 dogs and 3 cats.  We rotated duties:  I restrained twice, did TPR on both a dog and a cat, and charted once.

It was really fun to work side-by-side with my classmates and the Veterinarians!  The coolest part was when I got home our Instructor/Veterinarian had sent us the following E-Mail:

Hello,

I just wanted to say how impressed I was today with ALL of you. You all did a great job on your reports and presentation - and then showed great teamwork, and professionalism while performing physical exams on the animals. GREAT WORK!

Great day at school!  I also got pre-registered for classes next quarter :)

Wednesday I have two exams AND a lab practical! Whew.  Midquarter, can you tell?  I'll fill you in later this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment