June 20, 2011

How Do I Say This?

As some of you may know, when I started my career here at Globe, I believed it was going to be paid for through a very generous relative that had passed away.  In the six months since I have started, I have fell in love with the school and the career that I am training for.  I earned A's in all five of my classes last quarter, and am on track to continue that 4.0 GPA this quarter as well.  Just today one of my instructors offered me a job as an assistant to the Veterinary Technology department, and I'm only in my second quarter!

This morning I received news that my entire education would not be paid for.  In fact, only about ten percent of it will be.  With Globe being a private institution, my total debt after I complete my dream education will amount to about $40,000.  I have struggled all day with the thought of dropping out because of financial reasons, but after talking with Alex and my family, I have decided that this IS what I need to be doing, and I WILL find a way to do it.  I will be utilizing student loans, but they will need to be repaid.

I have decided to create an Education Fund for myself.  It's extremely difficult to realize that you need help, but I've come to the conclusion that this may be the only way to help me reach my goals.  I will be applying for scholarships as well, but thought I might enlist in the help of my friends and family.

I can absolutely assure you that every penny put into my Education Fund will go directly to paying off the Student Loans that I am acquiring.  All donations will go to my PayPal account, and then to the loan company.  Whether you choose to donate $1 or $100, I promise you that I will finish out my degree and graduate to a bright new future!  Any donation would be SO MUCH appreciated.

I have placed a "Donate" button on the right sidebar under the "About Me" and "Blog Archive" sections.  You do not need a PayPal account to donate, and you can donate any time as long as it is needed.  Again, any donation will be put directly towards my student loans.  If you would like, share my blog and my fund with your friends.

I want to say thanks in advance for even considering a donation!  As always, I will continue to keep you updated on my career through the Vet Tech Program!!

No comments:

Post a Comment